It is mutually agreed that the following terms of agreement form an integral part of this contract and that no variation or modification of this contract shall be effective unless accepted by both Paul Harrison Photography and the client, in writing. By confirming the booking and / or paying the required deposit it is understood that both parties agree to the terms of this agreement.
BOOKING FEE: A booking fee is required at the time of booking. Dates are reserved only when this deposit is paid by cash or electronic transfer.
BALANCE PAYMENT: For wedding bookings the balance is to be paid no later than 30 days prior to the wedding day. For all other bookings the balance must be paid before the images are released,
CREATIVE LICENSE: Paul Harrison Photography shall be granted creative and artistic license in relation to the choice of locations and poses used. Our judgment on photographic style and the number of photographs taken shall be deemed correct, due to changes of the weather and the availability and willingness of subjects. We will do our best to honour requested photographs but do not undertake to guarantee any specific picture nor incorporate any specific background, location or group arrangement.
VIEWING: Proofs will be uploaded to the our website within 14 working days of the booking. A username and password will be issued allowing access to your proofs within the secured client area.
PRINTS: The customer is aware that colour dyes in photography may fade or discolor over time due to the inherent qualities of the dyes, and Client releases Paul Harrison Photography from any liability for any claims whatsoever based upon fading or discoloration due to such inherent qualities.
COPYRIGHT: The 1998 Copyright, Designs, and Patents Act assigns copyright to Paul Harrison Photography. It is illegal to copy the photographs taken under this contract, or allow copies to be made photographically, electronically, or by any other means. Unless agreed in writing beforehand.
EXCLUSIVITY: Paul will be the sole professional photographer at the venues specified. I do however positively encourage family, friends, and other guests to take photographs throughout the day.
FORCE MAJEURE: In the unlikely event of total photographic failure, injury or sickness beyond our control, our liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid. Your statutory rights are not affected.
CANCELLATION: If Paul Harrison Photography has to cancel this contract for reasons beyond our control, (death, injury, sickness etc.), our liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid. Every effort will be made to find an alternative, qualified photographer. Should the client cancel, as compensation for loss of income, the following charges apply as a percentage of the TOTAL fee due. (Number of days before the booking) 60 days or less - 100% 61-90 days - 75%. 91-120 days - 50%, more than 121 days - deposit. Should the cancelled booking turn out to be a postponement, then, subject to availability, all money paid may be applied to the new booking. In this case, the total fees chargeable shall be the fee which applies at that time. In the event of us taking another booking for your cancelled or postponed booking a refund of your deposit (less expenses) and monies paid shall be made.
PRIVACY: Paul Harrison Photography will store your name and booking details on a private internal database. These details will NEVER be made available to companies or individuals outside of Paul Harrison Photography. Should you wish to have your details removed from our database, please advise us in writing.
COMPLAINTS: Any complaints should be raised by the client with the photographer, in writing within 28 days of first becoming aware of the matter to be complained of and in any event within 28 days of receipt of the images.
REORDERS: All reorders shall be treated as an extension of this contract and no responsibility for errors will be accepted unless orders are given in writing.
PROPERTY: Negatives and digital files remain the property of the photographer.
Child Protection Policy
A child is defined as a person under the age of 18 (The child Act 1989)
For the purposes of this policy any persons work for or on behalf of Paul Harrison Photography will be referred to as 'Our Staff'
1. On no occasion shall our staff have sole access to children.
2. Our staff shall only use verbal commands for setting up posed photographs.
3. Any children’s photographs loaded onto our website will be password protected. This password will be given to school / group / club officials who can the distribute to parents for viewing.
4. If a password is not known and access is required to the site, then under no condition will the password be given out and the requester will be directed to the school / group / club manager/official or event organiser for verification.
5. Our staff will always wear branded corporate clothing to allow for easy identification.
6. We do not sell, or give any images of children to the national/local or international press without the express permission parents via the school / group / club that booked the session.
7. Pictures will only be taken where children are appropriately dressed for their activity.
8. No pictures will be taken of children in distress or pain.
9. If requested by a carer/parent or child not to take their picture, this is fully complied and all pictures are deleted from the camera immediately.
10. If carer/parent/child request any images removed from our website this is complied with immediately.
11. No personal details ie; name, address or email will be accredited to any image whatsoever.
12. All images in the password protected galleries are right click protected and watermarked with our logo or that of the school / club / group to prevent unauthorised copying and image manipulation.
13. Our staff will not drink alcohol, smoke or use inappropriate language in front of the children.
14. No photographic or image capturing equipment will be used or taken into changing rooms.